Friday, February 12, 2010

Food Friday

Restaurant Wolfgang
Prague, Czech Republic

The best part about traveling is finding exciting places to eat. That is how I travel. I really do plan my daily activities from one meal to the next. There are always so many fun and unique places to discover. I consider it a challenge to find places to eat that are off the beaten path and are not designed to attract the tourists (ie. overpriced.) So, imagine my surprise when I discovered this restaurant had such an impressive website.

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat one of the evenings while we were visiting Prague and we stumbled upon this restaurant. They had reasonable prices and it looked inviting. We were eating early enough in the day that we were the only diners there. The menu had a history of the restaurant and explained that it is named Wolfgang because Mozart lived in the house for a brief time while he was in Prague.

The food was very yummy! In fact, my wife considers her meal here one of the best she has ever had. When she was finished, she turned to me and whispered, "I want to lick the plate clean..." The reason she said this was because the plate was still coated in the sauce from the meal. She had ordered something called the "Bohemian Kebab" since it sounded pretty mysterious. It was a traditional kebab made with chicken, green pepper, onion, ham, and covered in a paprika sauce. The ham was the ingredient that really made the flavor pop. The so-called ham was actually more like thick, smoked, center-cut bacon than what we might normally think of as ham. And the sauce helped tie all the flavors together.

If you are ever in Prague I suggest looking for this restaurant. The food was great, the beer delicious, and the service impeccable. The videos on their website seem to imply that this restaurant is a great place for parties or fashion shows (including topless servers painted in black?) Needless to say, there was none of that going on while we were there, but it does make me wonder about the place... 

No comments:

Post a Comment